Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WFMW

WFMW Banner will be here next Wednesday as I am out of time for now.



Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer hosts Works for me Wednesday. I love doing WCB and WHB (when I am able to, so I thought Wed. could be another addition. I love the animals, plants and ideas shared.

Please visit Shannon for more ideas and fun!

My contribution is a yummy apple snack -- and as apples are going to be "in season" soon this is a delish way for you and the kids to enjoy!

Apple Triscuits and Cheese

Fresh whole apples
Triscuit type crackers
Sharp Cheddar cheese

First off -- purchase your very favorite apples for this. Granny smiths are good, and so are reds - the reds get softer with the cooking process.

Peel and slice your apples to fit on Triscuit type crackers. (I buy the Great Value brand and those work as well.) Shred your cheese or slice thinly, and place over the slices of apple. Now, you can either bake these at 350*F until they are melted or you can microwave them on high -- and depending on your microwave will depend on how long this will take. Newer microwaves are stronger -- so start with 15 second intervals and check the cheese after each session. Be mindful as they will be HOT!! when they come out of the oven or microwave. Serve warm!

My kids LOVE these snacks -- and though I am supposed to be on a dairy free regimen I will snack on these as well. They are addictive, so you are warned!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for simple and good things--we'll be trying these!

Wed Aug 09, 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Pieces said...

Mmm, that sounds good. I used to love my grandma's apple pie with a fat slice of cheddar on top. Okay, now I'm drooling.

Wed Aug 09, 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Sounds yum!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

Blessings!

Wed Aug 09, 08:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home