Sunday, March 26, 2006

Weekend Herb Blogging # 25

Image hosting by Photobucket
Salad Burnett and Stevia


It's time again for weekend herb blogging. Here I have some salad burnett and stevia. These additions will go in with the strawberries in a few days. Salad burnett is an herb that does not take to being heated. It will lose its flavor. The flavor is tangy cucumber and they are noted for being very high in vitamin c. Stevia is a sweetener. You can use it in with your herb tea blends as such.

Kalyn over at Kalyn's Kitchen is our host for weekend herb blogging. Please visit her blog to see this weeks fascinating herbs from around the world. You can also submit your favorite plants and other things green that grow! Or maybe even your favorite produce with a recipe for its use to share!

Have a great week everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I want a report on both of these once you get them growing. I have been reading about stevia being used as a no-carb sweetener, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sun Mar 26, 03:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stevia and plan on growing my own plant soon as well. I have seeds and have heard that they are impossible to germinate, plants work better than seeds. I might have to go to my nursery to get a plant but still plan on trying with the seeds first. I use the sweetleaf stevia brand, I love their liquid and powder. This family company uses only 100% all natural ingredients and are very health minded, so nothing unhealthy or artificial is in thier products. Have you seen the new flavors they have so delicious. Anyway thanks for sharing your herb stories, I just started my green thumb in my garden and love that I can gp out and pick a fresh vegetable for dinner! Peace & Love & Health to All:)

Mon May 08, 02:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home