Thursday, December 29, 2005

Daily Photo 12/29/05


MMMMM... Tasty Toes


Okay, I will never top my favorite blogger FarmGirl for daily photos. She's tops in that department in my book. But I can share daily happenings around here with a photo everyday.

The hand you see under my son's leg was not there to help him eat his toes but rather to keep him in balance. He was already tasting them prior to that. I often wonder why we are so worried about what kidlets put in their mouths after seeing my son do this on more than one occassion. I will say though, that I would not mind being that flexible again! But definitely not to eat my toes... LOL

Found in my Email today ---
Why Dogs do not live as long as people......... (this is sooo true)
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old
Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owner, his wife, and their
little boy were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for
a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.

I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and
offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their
home. As we made arrangements, the owners told me they thought it
would be good for the four-year-old boy to observe the procedure.
They felt he could learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's
family surrounded him. The little boy seemed so calm, petting the
old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was
going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The
little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any
difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud
about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
The little boy, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know
why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth
next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He
said, "Everybody is born so that they can learn how to live a good
life - like loving everybody and being nice, right?" The four-year-
old continued, "Well, animals already know how to do that, so they
don't have to stay as long."

~ Author Unknown


Many blessings to you! Though we may not always agree, remember to pick flowers for those you love and tell them "I love you" and do something positive for those you meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home