Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Bitter Sweet Time of Year

As I reflect back this morning on how this year has gone I am grateful for my health and my immediate family. We have definitely had our ups and downs and my heart goes out to those that have had loved ones "Go Home to Him". My prayers are for those dealing with illness and for those that have walked away not giving any inclination of understanding.

A favorite fellow Blogger lost her brother. I shared a story with her here. Right now her and the family need prayers for comfort in thier time of loss.

I have had my own loss this year and it affected me more than I thought it would. My ex father-in-law passed away after several years of illness. Even with his basket of flowers full and called home he will be missed. And my mother estranged me from herself. I do not hear from her and she will not give me an address or phone number.

A good friend was diagnosed with Fibro mygylia. This painful condition saddens my heart. She's a bright vibrant lady and struggles with this everyday along with medications that are supposed to help. The medications cause a bad "scattered" affect on her thinking, which is very frustrating for her.

There are things that I am very grateful for:
A loving understanding husband.
Healthy vibrant children even when they stress me.
My fairly good health.
A safe loving home.
My dad and step mom who don't walk away even when they don't agree.
and all the little things that add up to one big "grateful" thing.

It's really a bitter sweet time of year. So many are celebrating with family and friends. They have new accomplishments and so many things to be grateful for. And there are those who are struggling with losses or illness. Remember those who have been "called home." and those that need our positive thoughts and uplifting.

Do not be afraid to be called home and do not be fearful for those whom have gone home after filling thier basket of flowers.


Many Blessings friends. Even though we may not see eye to eye on everything here when we go home it won't mean much anymore. Pick your flowers by touching hearts and lives in positive ways and He will let you know when its time to "go home".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home