Sunday, September 17, 2006

Got Umbrella? & WCB 67


My beloved Spooks was hit by a car two nites ago --
and I miss her dreadfully.


Catch up with WCB'ing at CatSynth and check out all the other kitty blogging friends!

I live in the Hill Country of Texas and we have not had a good decent rain in many months. We recently got a good share -- which included while I am typing this. It's been enough that the ground is not soaking it up any longer. So, now we have puddles (read lakes) of water everywhere, and mud 3 inches deep (read quagmire) -- as it was all powdered dirt previous to the rains finally arriving. So, if you visit us here in the Texas Hill Country be sure to bring your umbrella -- as the showers we are currently having are what we fondly refer to as "renegade showers". You might get just a spit here or there, or you could get deluged with buckets of the wet stuff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. That is terrible news about Spooks. She looks really sweet in that photo, I can understand why you miss her.
Our thoughts here are with you both as I add you to this weeks WCB.

Sun Sep 17, 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger whaleshaman said...

i'm so sorry. what a sweet looking puss.

how sad.

Mon Sep 18, 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Dear Heather,
Mine want to go out so bad, and they were outdoor cats before I got them, so out they go. Each and every time I hear a car my heart sinks.
I am sorry about your loss. We just take a chance each time and hope for the best.
Take care.
Love,
Bonnie

Mon Sep 18, 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

So sorry for your loss. Life with cats is a real game of Russian Roulette.

Mon Sep 18, 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home