Thursday, March 20, 2008

ICMYT entry for today......

I finally weighed myself today before I ate. I was fully dressed to the shoes as it is cool in the house this morning since we had a freeze last night. 135 pounds. I weighed that much at term when I was pregnant with my first son 17 yrs ago!

I have been following the rules and its been pleasantly refreshing. Eating only when I am hungry, savoring my food, and taking home to go boxes for when I am full, or getting smaller servings. Feeling like its okay to cover the dish when I am full and putting it away in the fridge. (even if i dont eat it later - it still has the opportunity to not be wasted before dumping it in the trash)

When you are hungry, EAT.
Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful.
When you think you are full, STOP eating.

This morning though, I wanted walnuts. And what better way to enjoy walnuts but with some vanilla ice cream and choc. syrup! I know.. not exactly healthy -- but I do make it a point to find healthy things I enjoy the rest of the day. Will keep you posted. 1 scoop and just a small splash of choc syrup and yep, am full... YUM!! Plus a few handfuls of walnuts because I really enjoy them plain too!!

My eating the last few days has lessened and I do not feel like am starving at all any. I make sure not to get "famished" before I find something to eat. Even if I have to get a small snack from the store if I am out and about.

Update: I had a ham sammy for a snack because I was hungry before lunch. And at lunch I will have to admit I goofed up and stuffed my self to overflowing. Though I didnt clean my plate entirely. We went out to eat and well -- mexican is a favorite so I throughly enjoyed it. (Suffering the side effects now... *snooze button*)

To finish out my day I had "snack foods" for dinner because I got running late to get to work. Reese's peanut butter cups, chips and a frozen strawberry bar...... Will do better tomorrow night for dinner!


Many blessings!

(PS am very much looking forward to episode 2!!!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home