Saturday, September 17, 2005

Day 3 and 4... and a few recipes

Okay,
I made it through day 3 with no problems. I didnt write down everything that I ate -- I didn't make the time to do it.

Oh, I do need to share a quote. I read in rec.recipe. where ever that is anymore...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup! (or as my best friend added -- Good with ranch dressing too!)
I have loved that quote since I saw it years and years ago.


Day 4 -- I got hungry. And I was out and about so I bought some scrambled eggs, bacon and a biscuit from a grocery store. I am certain that the biscuit was of the buttermilk variety and it totally blew my "no milk for 10 days" trial. And caused the symptoms that have had previously with milk. Lethargy, sinuses all messed, and low and behold- asthma like symptoms. It totally blew my appetite for most of the day. I finally had some fresh grapes, watermelon and advacado dip with chips. I fixed something with dairy for the rest of the family, which they enjoyed -- but I cannot have it.

Now for some dreamy recipes ----

Advacado Dip
1 ripe advacado
1 T. kraft mayo
tortilla chips

Cut advacado in half and take out the "pit". Get all of the flesh out of the skin and mash it smooth. Add the mayo and blend well. Serve with tortilla chips. Instead of mayo you can also add salt, pepper and cheyenne to taste.

No Fuss Chops
4 to 6 pork chops
2 med onions -- cleaned and sliced thin
2 T brown sugar
2 T vinegar
3 T olive oil

Heat a skillet on the stove and pour olive oil into skillet. Brown chops in olive oil until nearly done. Add onions and saute them until they are soft. Add brown sugar and vinegar and bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the chops are tender. Serve with your favorite side dishes. ( We like green beans and either mashed potatoes or rice.)

If you try my recipes do let me know what you think of them....
Oh, and Ang.. You need to post your recipe for pepsi brisket up. *big smiles*

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home