Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beautiful guest or terrible pest?

<






The monarch you see here fluttered into our camp shortly after we had enjoyed a birthday cake for my son T.J. It originally landed on my husband's sleeve as you can see in the second picture. After that it started going after chocolate frosting on fingers of the boys. It spent the better part of an hour seeking out chocolate on my son Caleb's hands. As it found each spot it would dip its little mouth onto the chocolate it found. It was also fascinated by my husband's shirt. The only thing I can wager on that one is that my husband had gotten hot and sweaty. The minerals from his sweat would attract the monarch as well because they look for such things in all sorts of places. After what seemed like ages we finally got it settle in some nearby trees, but I really had to work at shooing it away.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie, Robert & Stephen said...

My goodness! That's a GREAT view of the wings on that butterfly. I love these shots!

I must be kin to butterflys - I find myself gravitating toward CHOCOLATE as well.

,/,,/ MOST

Wed Feb 28, 07:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home