Thursday, October 13, 2005

Recipe Day, Anyone?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gimme that Camera!


Okay, That's Logan -- he's 18 months old and a hoot! That smile you see is his favorite to get me and Dad to buckle when he wants something. And, yes, he's got me and dad wrapped around his lil finger. No, he didn't get the camera -- we found him an acceptable substitute for that.

Now for a recipe:

Grilled Chicken Wings
This is a variation on those buffalo wings that were ever so popular for such a long time. These are a sure hit no matter when or where you make them. They are best grilled, but can be baked or broiled.

3 pounds wings - tipped and divided at the joint to make 2 edible pieces
1 pound butter
12 ounces Lousiana hot sauce
2 (.7 ounce) packages of dry italian dressing mix (good seasons brand)
1 package celery sticks for dipping
favorite dressing of choice - blue cheese or my personal fav -- ranch dressing
One large hot grill
one sprayer bottle filled with water for flare ups -- yes you will need it

In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over VERY LOW heat, add hot sauce and dressing mix and stir until well blended. The low heat is important in that you do not want the butter to seperate into ghee. Remove from heat immediately and keep barely warm. Now, to the grill. Toss on all of the wing pieces and allow to cook for a few minutes. Turn them over and start basting with the sauce. Turn every few minutes and baste every time. Continue to do this until the wings start taking on a dark crisp look -- 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with dressing and celery sticks. Use the sticks like spoons -- spooning dressing onto the wings. Now, mind you these wings are DELISH all by themselves and do not expect to have leftovers. It's not happening rest assured!

For "hotter" wings.. you can add a dash or two of cheynne pepper. (red pepper) but only a dash or two, til you get a feel for how "HOT" you want the wings.


Post your comments about the recipe if you make it! I get good reviews all the time about it!



Have a wonderful day!

4 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

Heather, I saw your post on Farmgirl Fare. I saw your profile and was curious where in Texas Hill Country you are. I am from Temple. My Dad's family is from Lubbock and some of my Yankee husband's relatives live in and around Dallas/Richardson. It's nice to see pictures of the Texas Hill Country during Bluebonnet season. Promise me you will take some pictures. I just love those fields of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes. I miss home, can you tell??

Thu Oct 13, 05:58:00 PM  
Blogger Angie, Robert & Stephen said...

awwwwww... he's soooo cute. The little runt!

Love y'all!

Ang

Wed Oct 19, 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Hi Heather,
Those wings sound really yum. Too bad I ate my entire lifetime's worth about 20 years ago! But if you passed me a plate of those, I bet I'd be able to 'force' them down. : )

Thu Oct 20, 05:46:00 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

P.S. Oh, I owe you a big thank you! I noticed your comments list the date as well as the time. I had no idea you could change the settings. It's so irritating having comments and not knowing what day they were from. I just went in to blogger and changed mine. Thanks so much! : )

Thu Oct 20, 05:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home